posted this on 08 May 10:00
Unfortunately we were supplied with a batch of cables that contained fake chips. These cables can cause installation errors and need to be replaced. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request a replacement cable.
The problem of failure to install the driver is unlikely to be "fake chips" in the supplied cable as is claimed. I suffered this problem in April 2013. Took a long time to figure it out and find a fix. Here are my results:
1. The various Prolific and Watts Clever drivers all work OK for Windows 7 and XP but not for Windows 8.
2. The reason is that the original Watts Clever supplied cable (and also the supposedly updated replacement one from Watts Clever) both use an obsolete (not fake) Prolific chip. Prolific specifically states that Win 8 is NOT supported for these OLD chips.
3. The solution is complicated but do-able. First remove completely all traces of the current version driver from your PC (that supplied by Watts Clever!) and then...
4. Go to the Prolific website and read some of the stuff there.
5. Find, download and install Prolific driver version 22.214.171.124 date 31/07/2007 or earlier. Newer drivers do NOT work with Win8.
6. Driver installation is tricky because Windows keeps trying to install later versions if it finds them. I can't now remember exactly what I did but you have to keep trying until the yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager is gone.
Best of luck.
the software is not Mac compatible. You can find the system requirements in the software instructions here http://support.wattsclever.com/entries/22053372-Software-for-EW4008.
I cannot find or see thus it work on a Mac?
connected the cable I cannot see that no connection.
why is it not working on wifi that would be so much better sindse part is wireless
there will be a driver related error message. Please contact email@example.com or submit a ticket and we will assist you with your problem.
I seem unable to receive data from the EW4008, how do you know if your cable is one supplied with a fake chip. Is there a serial number range affected
Support Ticket System by Zendesk